Friday 11 January 2013

Top picks from 2012


I know I have been MIA so I figured I would write a post highlighting the most amazing products I was loving for last 12 months. To qualify for this list the products either had to be new and blow my mind or be an old favorite that I constantly reached for during the year.

Lets start with skin care -  I have mentioned this range before and I am still loving the Rationale skin care I use the skin prep facial wash ( I love this stuff smells incredible and makes my skin feel so soft). I use the rejuvenating  serum after I cleanse in the morning followed by the Face spf30+.
At night after I have cleansed I use the skin refining serum ( if you only take one thing from this post this should be it this serum will change your life) and each second night I follow that with the retinaldehyde serum, all by Rationale.
During winter I found my skin was getting a little bit dry and was worried about changing anything in my routine as it was working so well, but I decided to add Rosehip oil I picked up the Sukin one and loved the way it made my skin feel, the only thing I don’t like is the smell.


Hair care – I have been a bit all over the place with shampoo and conditioners this year haven’t really found anything that I cant live with out, any suggestions are more than welcome. I am still loving the Mythic oil, in my hair and the girls. I find it great for my dry ends and really helpful for brushing out the knots in the girls long hair, and it makes the hair smell awesome.

Now the big one for me Makeup – I was late getting on the Illamasqua skin base bandwagon but boy am I glad I did, this stuff is the ducks nuts, I love it. Great buildable coverage, last all day and feels great on the skin. It has been my go to since I purchased it in September.

I have been loving my MAC mineralized skin finish Natural for powder either on its own buffed into the skin or as a finishing powder, I love that it has a semi matt finish so it doesn’t look powdery on the skin, so beautiful.

I have been constantly using my Makeup for ever Aqua brow gel since I picked it up at IMATS in September and this stuff wont budge I have worn it in the most sweltering heat lately and to the beach and my brows have stayed as they were.


I received a sample size Smashbox photo finish luminizing primer and fell in love, I have purchased the full size and have been using it constantly. It give a beautiful glow to the skin.

Makeup for ever camouflage cream palette has been my concealer of choice, I love the peach one for under the eyes and the others for spots etc. It’s nice and creamy and covers well.
That’s about it for my faves I have been trying to use lots of different colour products so it has been changing constantly but these items have always been present.

I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year, what products have you been loving lately? Let me know  xx D

No comments:

Post a Comment