Saturday 25 August 2012

How to - depot eye shadows and other powders

Hi folks hope you are well. If you read my post yesterday you would know I was on a quest to organise my single eye shadows and powder compacts that were either lurking in the depths of my draws or weighing down my kit like no body's business.
This is what I am talking about .....
That's a lot of bulky product to carry about 
I will walk you through the de-poting process I used along with pictures, here we go ...


Using something with a pointy end pry the plastic insert out of the compact, I used a steak knife as it was strong and had a tip, not super safe so be very careful.


This is what you have once you have levered the insert out, the metal pan with filled with product inside the plastic insert.


 Next using a hair straightener and some grease proof paper place the insert onto the metal plate of the hot straightener depending on how hot your straightener is will deem how long it will need to be heated for. For me it was aprox 1 minute the use the knife or other pointy object to push from the bottom of the insert to remove the metal pan. ( I forgot to take a photo of this step sorry ) 


When hot enough the plastic and glue holding the pan in will melt making it easy to pop the pan out. 
All that is needed now is a small magnetic sticker popped on the bottom so the pan sticks into the pallet.

Like so - 
All my depoted products in either MAC or Z Palettes 
I hope you have found this helpful if you would like further information or help just let me know xx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  2. Will be very useful when I own more than 4 eye shadow colours...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its handy for everyone, my mum uses a palette so that all her products are together, ie powder foundation, eye shadows and blush.

      Delete