Tuesday 9 August 2011

MAC Face and Body Foundation - Review



I have been using MAC’s face and body foundation personally and in my Kit for about 12 months now, and it is on of the products I get asked the most about.

I think it is a product people get scared of because of its name, people tend to think there is something complicated about the way this foundation needs to applied. But it’s simply a sheer coverage foundation that is commonly used on the face as well as the body.

The foundation delivers a very sheer coverage with a dewy finish, it gives that “my skin but better” look that works really well for people with reasonable skin. I wouldn’t recommend this product to people that love a full coverage, it is buildable but only from sheer to a light/medium coverage.
It does give a beautiful natural finish but I find it can feel slightly sticky.  If I use a translucent powder it does settle, I have also set this with the MAC mineralized skin finish natural for a semi mat finish.
If my skin is behaving its self I can get away with this foundation but if I have a few breakouts I don’t feel that this gives me enough coverage.

I do use this a lot in my kit as it looks really natural on the skin so it works well in photography and film, I also use this a lot for teens as it isn’t to heavy.
I prefer to apply this either with a traditional foundation brush or with a wet beauty pod, I have also put this through my airbrush and achieved a great result.


The price of this foundation is one of the huge selling factors for myself, and a lot of others out there. It works out so economically  that is a great addition to a makeup artist’s kit.  At $60 for a huge 120ml bottle compared to your standard foundation size of 30 mls, what a ripper I am well and truly sold, on both performance and price.

No comments:

Post a Comment