Friday 20 July 2012

Hakuhodo brushes

Hi loves, I wanted to share some of my favourite brushes with you today. I had been lusting after the Hakuhodo brushes for years and finally got my hands on some last year at  IMATS.
 I was fascinated by the pretty orange handles and the gold ferruls. I had heard some rave reviews and knew I needed them in my life.

Top to bottom- s103-  210- Yachiyo, Small - s111

I picked up two brushes from the s100 series ( the beautiful vermilion and gold ones) , one from the 200 series ( a dupe for macs 109) and one of the traditional brushes.

S-103
I love this brush it is so soft I use it for bronzer and translucent powder it retails for $93. I know these brushes are on the pricy side but they are an investment and you need to look at it like that with proper care they will last you a lifetime.

S-111

This is the softest brush i have ever felt, it would not be unusual to find me sitting at my dresser brushing it all over my face ( even when i'm not putting makeup on ). I use it for liquid foundation sometimes but mostly for powders ie, blush highlighters. This one retails for $93.

210
I LOVE this brush it is a very close match for the MAC 109 with out its infamous hair loss. This is my favourite brush for blush I get a fantastic fool proof result every time with this baby. Retails for $36.

Yachiyo, small purple
I had to own one of these beautiful traditional japanese brushes, I would love to add more of them to my collection, and hope to do so at this years IMATS. I love this one for highlighter and translucent powder under my eyes. This one is $32.  
               
                      What do you think? you can find them here http://www.hakuhodousa.com/ 





2 comments:

  1. I've been on the hunt for some good quality brushes, so thank you for this post! I'll have to save up a bit more if I got these, but thank you for sharing what they're like, I'm always hesitant to buy expensive products unless I know they're definitely worth the price :)

    Pop by and visit my blog Taken By Surprise! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for stopping by. Yes they are work the investment, I am going to be doing some more brush post soon so keep an eye out. I will have a look at your blog cheers

      Delete